Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It Is My Nature . . .

I got in trouble.  I got in trouble bad.  

You see, my boys and I were hanging out working on Him's bike changing the oil and luberkatin' the clutch cable and eatin' a little pizza.  Him was a bit on the challenged side since the oil filter cover somehow skrunched up the gasket and did not keep all the oil inside the motorbike.  After a few choice words and a skint knuckle and bandaid everything was sealed up tight and nice again.  

I was getting a bit bored with the goings on in the garage and noticed an orange tabby kat out in Ryan & Lucy's front yard.  It was dark and her evil orange glowing eyes needed to not be tresspassin.  I took off to get her to move on along.  Lucy decided it was a race and down the driveway we went, hell bent for to kitty kat tail.  

Him started shouting and a hollerin something fierce and although I heard Him I could not slow down.  So down the driveway, down the yard and then across the street we went.  Race ON!  By the time Him caught up with me that darn kat was gone gone gone.  

Needless to say I got in trouble.  Scolded even.  Got set up on a table that was too far down for me to jump and made to sit there in time out and Him not even looking at me. Thought I might get a whoopin but Him knows it was just my nature... I like kats and even let one live at the house with Him and me.  But this evil orange kat was not where she shoulda been.

The Scorpion & The Frog

The Scorpion and the Frog is a fable about a scorpion asking a frog to carry him across a river. The frog is afraid of being stung during the trip, but the scorpion argues that if it stung the frog, the frog would sink and the scorpion would drown. The frog agrees and begins carrying the scorpion, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When asked why, the scorpion points out that this is its nature. The fable is used to illustrate the position that the behaviour of some creatures is irrepressible, no matter how they are treated and no matter what the consequences.
Variations commonly include a farmer, youth, turtle, or fox in place of the frog, and a snake in place of the scorpion. The Farmer and the Viper is a specific variant that can be attributed to Aesop. There is also a variation in which the final words of the scorpion are "It is better we should both perish than that my enemy should live."

No comments:

Post a Comment